10th December 2011
Post with 1 note
I’m writing this list as a healing tool. I’ve suffered the last 2 weeks from severe stress reactions in my body, and want to prevent the decline of my health to it’s most stressful state- depression. In order to remind myself of all that is good at this moment, to be in the now, to allow my panic to subside and to work towards healing, I understood that I needed to deconstruct my fear based thinking. Yes, you may end up being “all up in my business” as a result of reading this list, but you have been warned. Now, lets get happy, or at least, realistic.
- Overall, I am healthy. My children are healthy.
- I am still in my right mind.
- I have, despite being unemployed for exactly one year, not had to go without food, clothing, shelter or transportation.
- I am thankful that I have secured employment for the first six months of 2012
- I am thankful for my family who have allowed my sons and me to move in with them.
- I am thankful for a close friend who volunteered to help with basic car repairs/maintenance.
- I am thankful that after years of being unemployed my children’s father is now employed and paying his child support.
- I am thankful that I have made it this far (ABD) in my doctoral program.
- I am thankful for people who have reached out to me to work with them on projects.
- I am thankful that my children are in decent schools with teachers and administrators who care and value them as young men of color and expect the best from them academically.
- I am thankful that my sons are able to participate in the extra curricular activities they enjoy.
- I am thankful for my family’s health and strength. That we are all healthy, positive, productive people.
- I am thankful for my parents and their support, encouragement, positive energy, solution focused perspectives.
- I am thankful to my mom for material support, and thankful to my dad for moral support, for being a father to my sons when their own could not step up.
- I am thankful for the two new baby nieces that graced my life this year, and the unconditional love they give and receive just by being held!!
- I am thankful for friends who check on me, email me, FB me, call me and let me know that I am missed.
- I am thankful for friends who end conversations with the reminder that they love me.
- I am thankful for friends who remind me of the miracles I have already created and who have faith that I will create more miracles.
- I am thankful that out of my life experiences and gifts given to me, I am able to launch my own business in 2012.
- I am thankful for my healing, for the knowledge that all of my problems have solutions and that I have the skills, tools, and resources necessary to solve them or to get help in solving them.
- I am thankful for my toolbox of healing…for the wisdom to rewrite affirmations and complete a gratitude list.
what’s on your gratitude list?