7th September 2012
Photo reblogged from Thoughts from a left handed...Star Wars??? with 13 notes
I love me some Nina Simone…#FeelingGood (Taken with Instagram)
Nina!!! Because speaking your mind and living out loud is a certain key to happiness
10th June 2012
Link reblogged from GROWING UP INDIE with 410 notes
- Go to college. Just go. It’s where you’ll learn how to be, how not to be, and how to set booby traps in the shower so your roommate stops using your expensive shampoo.
- Learn how to apologize sincerely.
- Eye contact is major. Get into it.
- Talking crap about people sometimes feels good (just admit it), but tastes bad. It’s the opposite of eating McDonald’s.
- If it hurts, don’t wear it. At some point the pain will show.
- Learn how to wear lipstick and werk.
- The day you look dumb in the grocery store at 7:19 in the morning is also the day you run into that duuude you don’t want to run into, and his stupid-hot-at-7:19-in-the-morning girlfriend. Don’t worry. You’re buying kale and olive oil. At least you can cook.
- Overdress, always. Unless it’s heels in a park… that doesn’t work.
- In every situation, consider the likelihood of skinny-dipping. Act accordingly.
- Check out your hair from behind… yea… you’ve got a whole situation going on back there.
- Exfoliate: your kitchen, your shower, your carpets, and your body.
- Find out what color dress/shirt/lipstick makes your eyes pop. Buy a lot of it.
- Never ever ever ever EVER ever ever take your shoes off in the club.
- If you feel a deep need to take your shoes off in the club, walk your butt outside, get in a cab, and go home. Game over.
- No one keeps secrets. Remember this when you’re telling you’re people all your business.
- Life is not fair. That fact is profoundly frustrating. My Mom taught me this… dang was she right.
- Don’t wait for some dumb boy to give you closure. You give yourself closure. That’s real. Tie that mess right on up. Buy ice cream if necessary.
- Sometimes it’s not fate, or a sign… but just a coincidence.
- You are not inherently patient. It’s an exercise.
- Learn how to do something exceptionally well. Never apologize for that. Step up.
- Watch Inception as many times times as you need to. Joseph Gordon-Levitt floats and Juno flips walls… It’s just a whole thing.
- Learn how to make cookies.
- Frozen peas, unfrozen, can be a meal.
- Kittens grow up to be cats. That’s when things get a little scary.
- Don’t be that girl, in any and all situations. Unless that girl is the awesome girl passing the boards… then you should totally be that girl. I’m talking to you Andrea.
- If a girls says she “just doesn’t really get along with other girls” that means that she’s probably not that nice to other girls… I’m just sayin’.
- Ladies should be kinder to one another. Teamwork, ladies!
- Never be early for a party… unless you plan on helping. By helping I mean, pouring tequila shots.
- Being fourteen sucks and there’s absolutely no way around it.
- Being thirty one does not suck unless you think it sucks for some reason.
- Sometimes you go to restaurants and you just don’t get what you want. It’s cool, just get ice cream on the way home.
- Just admit that you’re watching My Big American Gypsy Wedding because you’re completely obsessed and you really need to talk about it with someone.
- God is good even when you doubt that God is god.
10th June 2012
Photo reblogged from ManFrom1992 with 2,857 notes
The benefits of the practice…fasting, praying, meditating, yoga, silence and time alone
23rd April 2012
Healing Feminine Space:
Every home should have a healing space, a place you can go to in case of a stress emergency! My space contains a print and sculpture of a (Ghanaian) fertility goddess, for feminine energy, powerful words to remind me of my own greatness, natural healing books, and one of my African Violet plants.
Do you have a healing space in your home? What does it contain?
13th March 2012
Link reblogged from Composed. with 3,790 notes
1. Begin your day with love (not technology). Remind yourself of your worthiness before getting out of bed. Breathe in love and breathe out love. Enfold yourself in light. Saturate your being in love.
2. Take time to mediate and journal. Spend time focusing inward…
12th October 2011
Link with 44 notes
Have you heard of http://www.FindYourWingsAndSoar.com? It looks like an amazing FREE event for women who are tired of feeling held back by fear and self-doubt. It starts Oct 12th and runs for a month.
I am planning on participating in this event because I am at a point where I am ready for real change. I realized this morning that what you fear, you create. In order to create something different, I will begin tackling my fear by DOING the things necessary to conquer those fears, eliminate the fears, and accept that a new way is very very possible, if I let go and move forward in a different direction.
Sometimes we HAVE to take a moment for ourselves, or a months worth of moments, or however long it takes, to get back to our true selves, or create a new self.
7th September 2011
Photo reblogged from with 39 notes
Mary Belle and the Mermaid. From the fairy tale illustrated by Leo and Diane Dillon. Click pic for site.
Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful….I wanted to be a Mermaid as a child and watched the movie Splash just to see a young Tom Hanks follow the mermaid and later realize his dream #happiness
6th September 2011
Post with 10 notes
*a note to my future self…
I love spending time with him, because it’s like spending time with myself.
We are as different as night and day,yet agree on things, big and small.
We intuitively ,yet accidentally, sit too close to one another.
We stroke, thighs, necks, shoulders, feet…whatever we can grasp on one another while reading books, doing crosswords driving or watching tv.
We have comfortable silences, clairvoyant conversations in dreams, and appear just in time, no matter what.
12th May 2011
Photo reblogged from The WOC Survival Kit with 250,308 notes
bob marley on how to love a woman
“You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She’s not perfect - you aren’t either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break - her heart. So don’t hurt her, don’t change her, don’t analyze and don’t expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she’s not there.”
- Bob Marley